If you are planning to go to Oman for a job, you need a resident visa. As a Filipino, you should have a valid Philippine passport and should be valid for at least six months beyond your visit to Oman. If you are from any other nationalities, you need to have a valid passport, with at least six months validity beyond your Oman visit
In order to apply for a resident visa in Oman, you need to follow some steps. Here we have summarized the process for you.
To get a student visa in Oman, you should be sponsored by a local resident, and he/she will be responsible for you. The validity of the visa is six months from the date of issue. You can stay for a period of one to two years based on the degree you pursue. After expiration, you can ask for an extension by providing a letter from your educational institution.
You can have multiple entries, and the cost of application is OMR 20
To apply for a student visa, you need to submit an online application and an offline one. The offline application should be typed in Arabic (for Arab nationals) or English (for non – Arab nationals). Moreover, your application should include
- 2 photographs of size 4x6 cm each
- Copy of your passport
- Copy of specimen signature of the authorized signatories from Minister of Commerce and Industry
- A letter from your sponsor explaining the course and duration
- Health certificate for residents of certain countries like India, Pakistan, Philippines, Bangladesh, Indonesia, Sri Lanka, Egypt, Syria, Sudan, Ethiopia from Ministry of Health of respective countries and endorsed by Omani embassy in that country
In case someone sponsors your visa, your sponsor should be present.
Renewal of Residency Visa
When you already have a visa and it has expired, you need to request for renewal. Based on your sponsor’s request, your visa can be renewed for two years.
In order to request a renewal, you need to follow the steps given below
- Fill up the application form for renewal
- Add in the enclosures
- Ensure your passport’s validity and residency validity
- Save your online application number and the reference key
- Print your application form
- Take the printed form, attach the documents required and complete the offline part of the application
Just like at the time of visa application, you need to enclose certain documents for visa renewal too. Here is a list
- Two photos of size 4x6 cm
- Copy of Ministry of Manpower form renewing your residency
- If you are renewing your child’s or spouse’s residency, copy of your labor card
- Copy of applicant’s passport
The application is generally processed within the same day if you submit it on the earlier part of the day. You might need to wait for 10 minutes to finalize the procedures.